Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Orly Ancient Jade

I'm so ridiculously excited that it is finally spring!! Though I am not excited to be looking out of my window and see that it is SNOWING. Yes. Snowing. Stupid New England... Anyway, I don't always follow the appropriate nail colors for the seasons, but I try to just because it keeps me excited for something!! Spring is obviously the time that pastels start coming out and you move away from some of the darker colors of the fall and winter. So, I decided I would finally try Orly Ancient Jade:

Orly Ancient Jade Swatch

2 coats Ancient Jade
1 coat SV

Orly is my favorite brand of nail polish. I think they have consistantly great quality polishes from a great formula to a wide selection of colors and finishes. They're also easily available in my area (Sally's).
This polish is why I love Orly. I used 2 coats, but truly I could have used one. It is insanely opaque but not streaky at all. It is the perfect consistancy to allow for 1 coat, but it's not so thick that it requires thinner or is unworkable. It's literally my dream formula. Not gonna lie, kinda wish I had just left it with 1 coat. I did this last night in poor lighting, and I was ready to go to bed. I think I was totally impatient with the second coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment