Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Zoya Faye

So I had ordered Pheobe and Faye as my BOGO Zoya's. I ordered the first day and still don't have Pheobe (open order), but I received Faye last week. Super fast shipping for that one!!

So this is my first time wearing Faye, obviously. I had a problem picking which other polish I wanted besides Pheobe. I love mattes (two polishes in one when you add a top coat!! Yay for frugal people!!), and I love blues, so I knew Pheobe was it. I knew I didn't want anything from the Summertime collection because they're just cremes. But the Sunshine collection is GORGEOUS. I debated mainly between Rica, Reva, and Kimmy. I tried looking at swatches on a few blogs, but all photos looked different!! I just couldn't pick. So I asked my boyfriend. I showed him all of the swatches from several different sites. He liked Faye. So I figured why not? Let's go with Faye. I don't have a lot of purples.

When I finally saw the polish in person, it was nightttime when I got out of work, but when I saw it in the light the next day... OH MY GOSH!! What a beautiful duochrome!! I thought it would have been too not-spring-ish. I was totally wrong. This color is absolutely stunning. (If you're curious, after getting those awesome swatches of each collection from my Zoya order, Rica would have been my next choice).

This polish is super interesting. I chose to put up a TON of photos because it's so dimensional. And if anyone stumbles across my blog looking for Faye swatches, I hope this helps them out!!

Zoya Faye Swatch

Zoya Faye Swatch

Zoya Faye Swatch

Zoya Faye Swatch

Zoya Faye Swatch

Zoya Faye Swatch

Zoya Faye Swatch

Zoya Faye Swatch

Zoya Faye Swatch
The two photos above show Faye in direct sunlight. It's so interesting because you barely see any gold once it's in sunlight, and the purple color looks very different. It looks far more like a true purple in the light. It's gorgeous. It's bright and sparkly. Definitely catches your eye. The sparkly-ness is gold, so that's where you see the gold. But it does not look how it looks when not in direct sunlight. It's substantially more purple, just with a gold sparkle.

Zoya Faye Swatch
This is the color indoors, not near a window. You can see why I take photos next to a window. It doesn't necessarily make the polishes look better, but it makes the photos so much more clear while still being very accurate. And it doesn't make my skin look dry and flaky like this photo does. I swear that's not how my hands and cuticles really look!! Gross. Anyway, I wanted to show this, though, because the duochrome really looks different in all lights.

This is 3 coats, and some photos have 1 coat SV, some don't. I thought it might make a difference, but it doesn't. This was a fairly opaque duochrome. It still had that sheerness to it, but not much. I could have gotten away with 2 slightly thicker coats easily. The application was fantastic and the color was very even. Absolutely wonderful!!

The thing about this polish, like most duochromes, is they change SO much. This one in particular. So if you like a certain photo but don't like another, I say get it anyway. Every way you move your hand it will look different.

No comments:

Post a Comment