Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wet 'n' Wild Starry Night

I was in a Christmas Tree Shop a few weeks ago and I saw they had these random packs of super old drugstore nail polish. They were in these clear zipper makeup bags shut with zip ties and each contained 10 polishes for $3.99 I believe (coulda been $4.99). The polishes were all random in the packs, so I dug through probably about 100 of them before I found one that had a good deal of colors I liked. I thought about undoing the zip ties and making my own, but I just couldn't do it.

I picked up one that contained these polishes:



The one that really stood out to me was that Wet 'n' Wild blue jelly with silver and blue microglitter. Sound familiar to anyone? *cough*Essie Starry Starry Night*cough*.
Upon getting home, I was able to read the name (I couldn't see the name in the pack). It's called Starry Night. How ironic.

Here's a nice close up of the bottle:

Wet N Wild Starry Night

Now, I don't have SSN to compare it to, but from the photos I've seen of it, it's pretty close. It looks like SSN has more glitter, and I think the blue might be a little different. Some of my photos look just like certain SSN photos, but others are a little different. I'd say while it can't be an exact dupe, if you have a CTS near you and you don't have SSN and want it, you need to buy this immediately.

I want to mention that I have yet to have a polish photograph as insanely well as this polish. I literally wanted to use every single photo I took of it!! But I limited it to 6.

So what do you think of my knock-off SSN? This is 3 coats and 1 coat SV.

Wet N Wild Starry Night

Wet N Wild Starry Night

Wet N Wild Starry Night

Wet N Wild Starry Night

Wet N Wild Starry Night

Wet N Wild Starry Night

This photo shows a nice close-up of the jelly-ness and the blue and silver glitter.

1 comment: