Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pop's Choice: China Glaze Tree Hugger

Today is Father's Day and I wanted my Pops to choose my polish because I made my Mom choose my polish on Mother's Day. To make it easy on the Pop's so I didn't overwhelm him, I narrowed it down to 2 choices for him. Both untrieds and both by China Glaze. Dorothy Who? and Tree Hugger. Obviously he chose the latter. I was almost not going to even ask because I thought he woulda chosen Dorothy Who?. Well I was wrong!! Haha. I'm glad, though, because I have this crazy urge to wear blue polishes every day until I've worn or reworn all the blues I own... and then buy more. If I go in that direction, be prepared for lotsa blue!!

In the meantime, the apple green shimmer of Tree Hugger will have to do...

China Glaze Tree Hugger Swatch

China Glaze Tree Hugger Swatch

China Glaze Tree Hugger Swatch

China Glaze Tree Hugger Swatch

Direct Sunlight

China Glaze Tree Hugger Swatch

China Glaze Tree Hugger Swatch

Closeup of the most amazing green shimmer EVER

China Glaze Tree Hugger Swatch

And the iPhone green I mention in my description of this polish below.



2 coats Tree Hugger
1 coat Poshe

This is from China Glaze's ecollection from 2008, but it is now part of their core collection. This is the only polish I own from that collection, but I really wanna pick up most of the rest of 'em (in this order: Shower Together, Recycle, Unplugged, and Solar Power. I could definitely skip Hybrid).

Tree Hugger is an awesome green. Definitely a dark green apple kinda color with a subtle bright green shimmer. It makes me think if I lick my nails, they'll taste like a green apple candy. For some reason I want to say it has blue shimmer, but it's definitely green. I have no idea why I keep thinking it has blue shimmer.
Just in 2 coats, this polish progressed hugely. What I mean by that is with the first coat, it was still a little sheer and reminded me so much of Sally Hansen HD in Hi-Def... which I really don't like and is sheer and streaky and yuck. I got nervous about it. Then with the second coat, the polish transformed into the gorgeous finished product. I have an iPhone and started texting when I finished my nails and realized how similar Tree Hugger is to the darker green on the iPhone.

The formula was lovely. Because of the finish, it definitely had potential of being streaky. But it's not!! 2 coats was absolutely sufficient, and I did not use thick coats, either. The first coat made the polish intimidating because as I said above, I thought it was going to turn out horrible like SH HD Hi-Def. I was wrong... thank goodness!!

Another win in my book for China Glaze. Orly is my top contender for favorite brand, but I have a feeling China Glaze will surpass that. I think after one more win for China Glaze, it'll at least be tied with Orly!!

4 comments:

  1. Nice green.
    Love the shimmer, especially in the close up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Charlotte
    Thank you as always!! I love the uniqueness of this polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks kind of like Cha Cha Cha only toned down a bit. Might have to get my hands on it...

    ReplyDelete