Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Blue Holo Leopard

So yesterday, I was dead set on what I wanted to do for my nails today. This morning, I was still going to do it. Then I was setting up to do it and questioned if that's what I wanted to do. Because I'm using a linear holo as a base, I then started having doubts about doing a full nail stamp in case it totally covered the linear awesomeness. So I actually googled photos of the bundle monster plate I wanted to use to see if it really covered polishes that much. I even found one using a scattered holo. Ultimately, I figured eh, oh well if it ruins the linear look. It's supposed to rain at 1300 today, anyway.

So this is what I did...















4 coats Nfu Oh 65 (I added another this morning to freshen it up because I didn't use a top coat)
Bundle Monster plate BM-221 with Sinful Black on Black
Dotting with China Glaze Techno Teal

So I realized how nerve wracking stamping was going to be, and became super weary. Because I have FOUR coats of polish on with no top coat and I'm using black to stamp a full nail design, there is little room for error. There was much potential for this to be very time consuming, but I got WICKED lucky and didn't have to redo any. My right hand thumb didn't stamp as vividly as all of my other nails, but it's still fine!!

I had debated about doing the dots on the print because I didn't know if it'd ruin it. But then I thought back to the Revlon Electric stamped flowers saga (here, here, and finally here), and figured what the heck? Might as well. So if you were curious what it looked like without the dots, I did take photos, and here they are:















Now Be Honest
Do you like it better with or without the dots??

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it looked good without the dots but with the dots it looks amazing. Very nice mani.

    ReplyDelete