Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Lots of CG In The City

In celebration of removing all silk wraps from my left hand, I'm going with a glitter. I avoid glitters when I have a silk wrap on because removal is horrific because I don't use acetone on those nails. But I just picked up the two glitters from the Metro collection the other day, and I don't feel like waiting for the wraps to come off of my right hand.

I had intentions of just getting Skyscraper, but once I saw CG In The City, I just had to have it. So here it is...

1 coat CG In The City over 2 coats China Glaze Spontaneous


Shade
CG In The City over China Glaze Spontaneous

Sunlight
CG In The City over China Glaze Spontaneous


2 coats CG In The City over 2 coats China Glaze Spontaneous


Shade
CG In The City over China Glaze Spontaneous

Sunlight
CG In The City over China Glaze Spontaneous


3 coats CG In The City over 2 coats China Glaze Spontaneous


Shade
CG In The City over China Glaze Spontaneous

Sunlight
CG In The City over China Glaze Spontaneous



I didn't like the way the polish was without a base polish. I felt it looked just... not right. So here's a view on 1, 2, and 3 coats without a base color.

Sunlight
China Glaze CG In The City Swatch

Shade
China Glaze CG In The City Swatch


On its own, it makes me think of someone putting glue on their nails and then rubbing them in sand. It's natural like earthy and raw. Here in New England, we have some beaches that have dark sand (moreso TEENY TINY rock sand) that even looks sparkly because of crushed shells and whatnot. That description makes it sounds way more awesome than it actually is, so don't think you're missing out if you're not from New England lol.

Here's a stock photo that shows exactly what I'm talking about. This photo is apparently from a beach in Portland, ME.

Source


So I'm sure after seeing that, you can understand what I mean. Ironic that it reminds me of sand on a beach when the polish is from a Metro collection and called CG IN THE CITY. Haha.

Let's discuss the color
So China Glaze says this is a "glittering dusty purple, bronze and silver multi-tonal glitter". Well, I'm going to assume China Glaze knows what they're talking about since they made the polish, but I swear I see black glitter. To me, I see light purple, black, bronze, and silver (it's a clear base, by the way). It's such a bizarre mix of glitters. I put it over Spontaneous to try to pull out the purple glitter because the whole thing just confuses me. I might also try it over a bronze (Orly Rage would rock for this!!) and a gunmetal like Zoya Freja. Speaking of which, I have no idea why, but this polish reminds me of the glitter version of Freja. Strange.

3 comments:

  1. Your description of this polish made me laugh. It totally does look like sand dipped in glue! I really like it with the base color you chose though!!

    If I ever get this one, I might try to franken it into a dark jelly base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo love all your pictures of this one!

    ReplyDelete