Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Rage At A Wedding

Today I'm off to the forth of five weddings I'll be attending this year. All very different from each other, which is so interesting. Today's wedding is a backyard, casual wedding. I'll be wearing a cotton halter dress with a taupe, pink, and cream design. I almost went with pink nails, but decided I didn't want to do the matching thing, I wanted something complimentary. So I went with Orly Rage.

Orly Rage

Orly Rage

Orly Rage

Orly Rage

Orly Rage


2 coats Rage
1 coat Poshe

The formula was amazing to work with. Just perfect, non-streaky, and totally opaque in 2 coats. The other awesome thing was dry time. I still used Poshe, just because of habit. But when I went to do the second coat of Rage, I realized the first coat was COMPLETELY dry. And by the time I put on Poshe, the second coat was dry, too!! Oddly enough, I didn't have problems with the polish drying on the brush and then pulling. It went on great. So this is an AWESOME polish if you're in a rush. Literally, the best polish I can think of for that.

Rage is a bronze "foil" polish that definitely looks like a super awesome metallic finish. It's super shiny and doesn't really look like polish at all. It looks like Minx or something. Some of my photos make the polish look kinda grainy, like you can see the particles on their own. But when you look at your hand as a whole, you can't see those particles, so it really looks like a metallic foil. It has shimmer, but it's definitely overpowered by the overall foil smoothness, which makes it look amazing.

4 comments:

  1. I so like that polish! Great colour and a terrific metallic finish too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Charlotte
    Thank you and I totally agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's been my experience with metallic polishes. They dry SO quickly on the nail it's almost freaky; but not so quickly that they're useless for stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lizzy
    They really are perfect polishes! Lol

    ReplyDelete