Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Techno Teal

I own 3 Tronica polishes and have only worn one of them on its own (Gamer Glam). I don't know why I kept pushing back wearing them because I've had them at least since February. I know a lot of people were disappointed with the collection, hoping there'd be more holo in the polishes. And it's true, there isn't much holo, but I don't think they're disappointing. It stinks that linear holos aren't more obtainable, but I think these polishes are pretty in their own right.

Direct Sunlight
China Glaze Techno Teal

China Glaze Techno Teal

China Glaze Techno Teal

China Glaze Techno Teal

China Glaze Techno Teal


Shade
China Glaze Techno Teal

China Glaze Techno Teal


2 coats China Glaze Techno Teal
1 coat Poshe

This is a dark teal that looks a little more green on the nail than in the bottle, but it definitely is a blue based teal moreso than a green based teal. It is a scattered holographic that is only really apparent in sunlight or bright indoor lighting, and even then, it's certainly not an in-your-face holo. But sitting in front of my computer screen with the lights out and little outside light (because I have the blinds closed), when I look at my nails, I do see an overcast of holo. So it DOES exist in the polish, just not a ton. Even when the holo isn't apparent, it's still a gorgeous polish in its own right.

The formula was very similar to a linear holo. It's that weird, resistant formula that doesn't want to be on your nails. You need to use gentle, few strokes or the polish picks itself back up on the brush. I'd guess an aqua base might make it better, but I did not use one. It was completely opaque in 2 coats, and I did not have problems leveling the polish after the second coat despite the occasional peel up spots of polish. It did dry very quickly, though. So that was nice!

2 comments: