Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Gwen Stefani Luxurious Video Nails

So I totally love Gwen Stefani. If I had the money to maintain my hair the way she does, I'd be THAT blonde. I just love her all around. She's adorable. I loved her in No Doubt, love her on her own. Just love her. So if you watch her Luxurious music video, you'll see at the beginning she is getting acrylics and her nails painted. They do a whole little thing all about it with a shot of the polish dripping into the bottle, zooming in on her nails getting painted, etc. It's pretty cute. So I decided I wanted to do my nails just like hers... minus the acrylics of course! So I'm assuming the polish is Essie just by watching shots of it in the video. The video was released in 2005, so it had to be a polish that was out at that time. I concluded there's a good chance it's Wicked. So that's what I went with!


WickedLuxurious1

WickedLuxurious2

WickedLuxurious3


2 coats Essie Wicked
1 coat Poshe
Dotting with dotting tool and China Glaze White on White
Shoulda done a top coat but didn't :(

So here are some shots from the video:


Gwen Stefani Luxurious

Gwen Stefani Luxurious

Gwen Stefani Luxurious

Gwen Stefani Luxurious

Gwen Stefani Luxurious



So, I actually LOVE her accent nails. She has a 5 dots in a circle, and two circles on each nail. The nails she has done are both of her pinkies and her left ring finger. All nails have two circles, but I couldn't fit two circles on my pinkies, so they had just one. If I had super long nails or acrylics, I totally would have done them EXACTLY like hers.
I loved that this video had a good chunk of time focusing on her nails. I would also love to do more music video inspired nails, so if you have a music video that you LOVE the persons nails in, comment and I'll try to figure out a way to match it!

And you know you wanna watch the video...



1 comment:

  1. I like it it!! When I first saw it I thought of dice? LOL.

    ReplyDelete